Mexican v1.0

I decided to publish my basic Mexican dice application for Android smart phones and tablets. It’s a very simple game and there isn’t much functionality in it yet. It allows you to roll, hide/show, show odds of being beaten/tied and counts the number of rolls. I plan to add some sort of look back function to see if any one was lying, but haven’t decided how I want to do so. I also plan to add a menu option to disable sounds.

Market link: Mexican

Update! I have since lost the key and will have to make a new app to incorporate all of the bug fixes and new enhancements :(.

Camaro Build Pt. 3 – More Teardown

We started ordering parts and they started coming in.  In the meantime, the car went from partial shell to complete shell.  Nearly everything was taken off of the car.  The engine bay was completely cleared, cleaned and repainted.  Inside, the car was stripped of seats, carpet and other trim pieces.  Dynamat was stuck to the floor to help keep the passenger compartment quiet and cooler.  A new dashpad was added since the old one had cracked (very common on 82-92 Camaros.)  Out back, the rear-end was taken out along with the gas tank.

Continue reading “Camaro Build Pt. 3 – More Teardown”

Camaro Build Pt. 2 – The LS1

With the transmission (Tremec TKO 600) now purchased and our original engine-transmission swap out the door we began looking for other options for engines.  Just about everything was now on the table included carburated engines.  The engine that offered the most bang/buck was an LS1.  After a few weeks of scouring craigslist(s), eBay and other forums, I came across someone in Chicago looking to sell an LS1 from a 2002 Pontiac Firebird.

Continue reading “Camaro Build Pt. 2 – The LS1”

Camaro Build Pt. 1 – The Purchase

I’m finally going to take the time to document the build of my ’91 Camaro.  It’s going to take some time and will have multiple parts, so hang in there.

Back in February of 2004 my dad bought the car on eBay for $2,225.00.  It was a clean 1991 Chevrolet Camaro from New York.  It only had 11,000 miles due to a blown engine.  The seller’s official story was that a supercharger had been fit to the original TPI 350 for road racing and it didn’t last too long.  It didn’t come with an engine or transmission due to this.  We had it shipped for approximately $500 (to Butler, WI.)

Continue reading “Camaro Build Pt. 1 – The Purchase”

New LSD, Brake Lines and Drive Axles for the E30

I recently took the plunge and bought a new-to-me used limited slip differential off of eBay. It came from an ’89 325is with 117k miles on it. It is nice and clean with little resistance while turning. It has 3.73 gears which are the same as what I was already running. This past week I decided I would put it in with a pair of new drive axles and brake lines. The new lines are also from eBay, I cannot remember the seller or brand but are braided steel wrapped around Teflon and look the part.

Continue reading “New LSD, Brake Lines and Drive Axles for the E30”

Drive for Babies at Road America

I participated in the Drive for Babies event at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin.  It’s a charity event to raise money for The March of Dimes.  The cost is about $300 and allows the participants to drive in 4 sessions on one of America’s best road courses.  I took my ’91 Camaro like I had the 2 times I had previously and had great time.  I would highly suggest anyone interested in driving a car while raising some money for a good cause, check it out.

Update! Track video now posted here.
Continue reading “Drive for Babies at Road America”

Maintenance on the e30

Just finished up some maintenance work on the e30. I replaced the water pump, thermostat, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, cap and rotor. I guess it’s not completely finished, because I have yet to fill it with oil and water/antifreeze, but everything looks ok so far. I bought the timing belt kit from FCP Groton and the other parts are from Advance Auto.

I have a swaybarbarian set from UUC to put on in the next week or so along with some trailing arm and differential bushings. I might throw the front sway bar on tomorrow just to see how it works with just the larger sway bar.

325i Update!

As promised, here is an update to the 325i.  I added some new shocks, springs, rotors and pads.  I did this, because the old shocks were pretty soft and it gave me a good reason to look everything over.  The springs and shocks are the ones specified for spec e30 that I’m hoping to turn this car in to anyway.  I didn’t take many picture unfortunately.  I just wanted to get the job done as quick as possible.

Continue reading “325i Update!”

Been busy..

It’s been a while…I guess I’m not so good at updating this as I once hoped.  I had the flu for a week or so followed by an ear infection.  I’m going to use that as my excuse.  Anyway I am going to add an update to the 325i and maybe more.  Probably not :/.