I recently took the plunge and bought a new-to-me used limited slip differential off of eBay. It came from an ’89 325is with 117k miles on it. It is nice and clean with little resistance while turning. It has 3.73 gears which are the same as what I was already running. This past week I decided I would put it in with a pair of new drive axles and brake lines. The new lines are also from eBay, I cannot remember the seller or brand but are braided steel wrapped around Teflon and look the part.
Just finished up some maintenance work on the e30. I replaced the water pump, thermostat, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, cap and rotor. I guess it’s not completely finished, because I have yet to fill it with oil and water/antifreeze, but everything looks ok so far. I bought the timing belt kit from FCP Groton and the other parts are from Advance Auto.
I have a swaybarbarian set from UUC to put on in the next week or so along with some trailing arm and differential bushings. I might throw the front sway bar on tomorrow just to see how it works with just the larger sway bar.
As promised, here is an update to the 325i. I added some new shocks, springs, rotors and pads. I did this, because the old shocks were pretty soft and it gave me a good reason to look everything over. The springs and shocks are the ones specified for spec e30 that I’m hoping to turn this car in to anyway. I didn’t take many picture unfortunately. I just wanted to get the job done as quick as possible.
I bought some new wheels and tires from tirerack.com. They are the TR Motorsports C1’s (15X7) and look pretty nice. I also purchased some Kumho Ecsta ASX tires to go along with them. They seem pretty decent and so far do a pretty good job in both wet and dry situations. They are a nice step up from the 14″ wheels that came with snow tires. The difference in traction is huge.